Maybe you came here to see if you have diabetes and want to check out the diabetes symptoms?
I made a short video and maybe you would like to read more down below.
Diabetes Symptoms – in Detail
- If you have to go to the toilet quite often your body maybe wants to get rid of excess glucose (sugar). The kindneys can filter some sugar out of the bloodstream. But sugar needs to be pretty high before they start to do so.
You can check urine glucose with a glucose stick from your local pharmacy
- The same is true if you are constantly thirsty: the water you loose by peeing must come from somewhere 🙂
- And dry skin means you may be loosing a lot of water. Why? See above
- High levels of glucose make you sleepy and drain energy
- If you loose weight for no apparent reason (no diet, no extra sport) you should have your blood glucose checked
- With diabetes infects and bad and slowly healing wounds are very likely. Your immune system is weakened
- Your breath smells like acetone. This is very severe and mostly restricted to Type 1 diabetics.
- Some patients have symptoms like blurry vision, or some tingling in their extremities
If in doubt about any diabetes symptoms check out this page and contact your doctor!